WE ARE MOBILE OPERATORS. WE DO NOT ACCEPT DROP OFF OR WALK INS AT OUR WORKSHOP
1. How do I book my wheels?
Answer: Just click the "BOOK NOW" button and fill in the details. In the comments section, state the type of wheel configuration you require. (e.g.: 303 set, 404 set, 404 front/808 rear etc.)
2. How will I collect my wheels?
Answer: We will bring the wheels to your preferred location.
3. Do the rental wheels come with tires?
Answer: Yes, all rental wheels come with tires. Clinchers will be fitted with Continental GP4000IIS 23mm for clinchers, and tubulars with Continental Competition 22mm.
4.What is the difference between Tubulars and Clinchers? (We rent both)
5. Do I need carbon specific brake pads?
Answer: Yes, we strongly recommend carbon specific brake pads for the following reasons
6. Will I need to purchase carbon specific brake pads?
Answer: No, you will not need to purchase carbon specific brake pads. All our rental wheels come with carbon specific brake pads.
7. Will I need to install the wheels myself?
Answer: We will perform the installation for you. Which includes the following,
8. Is a damage deposit required?
Answer: Yes, we will require a valid credit number in the event of lost or damaged wheels
9. Should I travel with a disc wheel?
Answer: If you rent a disc wheel and wish to travel by air, we advise you NOT to pack it in your bike bag/case. Disc wheels are fragile and are very easily damaged. We have rental wheels bags available, for air travel.
10. How do these wheels handle in windy conditions?
Answer: Riders of lesser weight (<140 lbs) may not fully benefit from the aerodynamic advantages of deeper wheels (eg: 808s and/or discs) in strong crosswinds. The high profile wheel or disc will generally act like a sail in a crosswind, effectively causing the rider to exert more energy to control the handlebars.
11. What wheels should a rider of lesser weight use?
Answer: We recommend 303s, 303/404 combos, 404s or 404/808 combos for rider under 140lbs. Unless you feel confident that you can maintain the necessary control in a crosswind, we suggest that you choose a pair of wheels that will provide you with the optimum aerodynamic advantage
12. What’s my time savings in each particular wheel set?
Answer: Per the Zipp website www.zipp.com
Starting with a standard aluminum box section rim as baseline, and assuming an output of 300 watts, your time savings will be:
404 front + 404 rear = 58-60 seconds/hour, i.e. savings of almost a minute
404 front + 808 rear = 68 seconds/hour
808 front + 808 rear = 80 seconds/hour
808 front + rear 900 disc = 92 seconds/hour
13. Do you rent out single wheels?
Answer: Yes, we do.
14. Do you ship wheel for rental?
Answer: No, we do not.
15. Is it possible to rent if I live outside of the Lower Mainland or the Greater Vancouver area?
Answer: Yes, it may be possible. Please send us an e-mail and we can see if it can be done.
Copyright © 2021 Bike Tech Cycle Mechanic Services - All Rights Reserved.